A spectacular, beautifully photographed book for the adventurer in all of us!
This new expanded second edition of Adventurer’s Hawai‘i takes a fresh look at the Hawaiian Islands as seen by the intrepid adventurer. There is much more to be found in the Hawaiian Islands than the usual images featured in glossy tourist brochures and the standard coffee-table book. This island-by-island exploration takes you to remote valleys, breathtaking cliffs and remote beaches for unique stories, images and panoramas. The areas featured in this book are accessible only to the hiker, kayaker, and adventurer.
- Fascinating new stories including discovering a long-lost cave filled with ancient petroglyphs and a possible encounter with Pele.
- The best images and stories from the first edition.
- Contributions from noted photographers, G. Brad Lewis and Jack Jeffrey.
- Spectacular illustrations of Hawaii’s birds and forest ecosystems by Big Island artist John Dawson.
- Bonus features include Hawaiian Lakes, Restoring the Native Forest, Safety and more!